Position Title: Camp Manager
Reports to: Board of Directors and Chairman of the Board
If you love the outdoors, working with your hands, radical hospitality, believe food is LOVE, and you have the talent to build a team of like-minded dynamic people to work with, then look no more! This is not just a job, but a lifestyle, requiring someone passionate about helping people encounter Christ. (An ideal ministry for a couple)
- Site, grounds, building & equipment maintenance
- Oversee Camp rentals and build relationships with customers
- Supervise Food Services and recruit, and lead a dynamic volunteer kitchen team
- Be the face of the camp - modeling radical hospitality
- Communication and Reporting to the Camp Board and the Chairman of the Board
- Recruit and lead volunteer project teams
- High school diploma required, with some college or technical school training preferred.
- Proven leadership in a volunteer led organization.
- Proven experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Proven ability to problem solve quickly and must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong administrative, organizational, and management skills.
- Outstanding leadership, relational, communication skills and must be able to relate well with all ages.
- Ability to be a team player with a positive attitude who enjoys and adapts well to change.
- Must be a self-starter with a basic knowledge & skills in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanics, general maintenance repairs and food service.
- Have basic computer skills and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Email and the Internet.
- Excel experience though not required, would be an asset.
- Must possess valid Texas driver's license, reliable transportation
- Be capable of operating a range of equipment.
Other Certifications Needed Include:
- Food Handler's Certificate
- First Aid Training
- CPR Certification
- Mature Christ followers with a calling to full time ministry
- Willing and able to spiritually care for and develop others
- Be able to share your faith stories in a way to inspire others to know and follow Jesus
- Desire and commitment to growing in your walk with Christ
- Salary negotiated based on respective responsibilities of each individual
- A one bedroom cabin, on site, with all utilities and internet for weekend use or to live on site
- Travel reimbursement for work related tasks
- Paid vacation time available
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Roads Retreat
Attn: Hilda Baker
255 Cross Road
Caldwell, TX 77836
No phone calls please.